Thursday, March 12, 2009

He-who-must-not-be-named is to blame.

We are so sorry for the complete lack of posts & lessons! Please do not think we'd abandoned all you fellow homeschooling Wizards out there. Just when we thought we had everything back on track, life decided to throw a bludger at us.

Shan's family left our midst due to the changing needs of her children. After a few years studying together, we were sad to see her family drop out, but we do understand.

Pia's plate has become freakishly full. In addition to all the stuff she already managed to cram into her schedule, she is now running the Family Village at this year's Homeschool Expo.

And me? Well I've been busy brewing a little Wizard in my oven. The first few months were fairly rough, leaving me little headspace for planning Hogwarty goodness.

So you can see we weren't being dreadful on purpose!

Happily Pia & I are slowly getting back into the groove. We've gone through the remainder of this session's lessons, replaced the ones Shan would have taught, tweaked things here & there, & even managed to hold a few classes.

Expect more articles, lessons, & ideas to come - barring any stray bludgers of course.

Thank you for being so patient with us.

~Kat

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations, Kat! I hope you're feeling better now! I'm not pregnant, and I still have trouble keeping up. ;)

    We had a very fun Chinese New Year celebration in January. For Valentine's Day we turned flour into heart pretzels. Then we studied Colonial Wizards and Muggles and made beeswax candles. Right now we're attempting to collect Wild Yeasties for COMC. I'll let you know how it goes!

    (Any ideas for rainbows or gold? ;)

    ReplyDelete