Monday, August 4, 2008

Expo-tastic!!

We would like to thank all who attended our session this past weekend!! It was the first time we've taken our show on the road, so greatly appreciated such a warm, friendly audience.

Over the next two weeks we shall be uploading session notes, checking that our library is complete, & adding a few Potterfied lessons to the classrooms. In the meantime, if you have any questions you are welcome to send us an e-owl.


Photo :: Property of noblecollection.com


In our session, we spoke briefly about wands; we cannot stress enough their importance. As we said on Friday, wands can be purchased, or they can be made - it's up to you. There are two reasons we mention wands today: so you aren't caught off guard when your little Witch or Wizard insists on them, & because of the above photo.


Isn't it a beautiful wand? It is solidly made (holly w/a phoenix feather) & the tip actually lights! Don't you wish you had such a wand? You can have!!!!!


This wand was one of the items donated by our generous benefactor (GB from here on.) We plan to offer it as a prize in a contest, in celebration of the start of term; details at a later date.


Thanks again for attending our session, & congrats to those who won the prizes.


 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks sooooooo much for the session. Having read all 7 books aloud with my oldest son whose now 9, I knew this would be right up our alley and we can bring along the 6 and 3 yo boys as well. I had an interesting bit of "manifesting" at the conference. Soon after the session, I was telling my friend that I REALLY wanted to win the bag as we were walking by the registration table. Well, I realized that they had started listing the numbers and would you know, there was my number! I was so excited and nearly jumped over the tables to get to the bag. :)

    As expected, DS1 was thrilled at the idea of HH and I have spent the last week gathering supplies and resources. Of course, the wandmakers guide only comes with one, so we have to decide how to proceed, but I just wanted to thank you all so much. As an unschooler from the time my oldest would have started K, I have wanted some way to bring in fun "learning" that wasn't so boring and I think this will be just the ticket.

    THANKS!
    ~Penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful penny! Congrats on winning the bag - isn't it gorgeous???

    ~Kat

    ReplyDelete